College News 2012
• American International College, Springfield, Mass., May 20, 2012 – Heather Latch of Hampstead, a Reading major, Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies, and Bonnie Antkowiak of Sandown, a Reading major, Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies.
• Clemson University, Clemson, S.C., May 11, 2012 – Kevin Jones of Hampstead, Master of Science in Computer Science.
• Colgate University, Hamilton, N.Y., May 20, 2012 – Elizabeth Wing of Hampstead, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Writing and Rhetoric.
• Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y., May 27, 2012 – Alexander Lanpher, Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Sciences.
• Flagler College, St. Augustine, Fla. – Elizabeth Curette of Hampstead graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree on April 21, 2012.
• Ithaca College, Ithaca, N.Y., May 20, 2012 – Matthew Calabrese of Chester, major in Clinical Health Studies.
• Keene State College, Keene, May 5, 2012: Jacquelyn Benson, Shannon Kelleher, Nathan Nadeau, Shane Townsend, Kathrine Woodman and Thomas Levesque, all Hampstead; and Sandown residents Daniel Gannon, Christine Hassard and Joseph Pond.
• La Salle University, Philadelphia, Penn., May 2012 – Kara Saltamartini of East Hampstead, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Manchester Community College, Manchester, May 23, 2012 – Daniel Basnett, Associate in Applied Science, Welding; Joseph Leonard, Associate in Science, Management; and Seager Russell, Associate in Arts, Education, all of Chester; East Hampstead residents Marla Berg, Associate in Science, Nursing; Karen Carpenter, Associate in Science, Nursing; Crystal Merrifield, Associate in Science, Accounting; Ilyssa Sherman, Associate in Science, Medical Assistant; and Bernadette Lincourt, Associate in Science, Health Information Management; Nathan Taft of Hampstead, Associate in Applied Science, Welding; and Sandown residents Annmarie McCully, Associate in Science, Exercise Science, and Rosalind Ryan, Associate in Science, Health Information Management.
• Merrimack College, North Andover, Mass., May 20, 2012 – Sandown residents Nicole Riccio, Bachelor of Arts cum laude in Human Development, and Stephanie Glazier, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Criminology.
• Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Conn., May 20, 2012 – Gerard D-Apollo of East Hampstead, Bachelor of Arts in Film, Video and Interactive Media, and Elizabeth DeLuca of Hampstead, Bachelor of Science in Health and Science Studies.
• Saint Anselm College, Manchester, May 19, 2012 – Tawna O’Rourke of Sandown, a Biochemistry major, and Emily Scotti of Hampstead, a Nursing major.
• Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, Standish, Maine. – Kathleen King of Sandown received a Master of Science in Education
• Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, May 2012 – Molly Cikacz of Chester, Bachelor of Business Administration in marketing.
• University of Connecticut, Storrs, May 6, 2012 – Hampstead residents Alfred Chock, Bachelor of Arts, and Daniel Dustin, Bachelor of Science in Physiology and Neurobiology.
• University of Hartford, West Hartford, Conn., May 20, 2012 – Michelle Stockman of Sandown, Bachelor of Music.
• University of Vermont, Burlington, May 20, 2012 – Alexandra Bachellor of Chester, Bachelor of Science in Middle Level Education, and Justin Baldassare of Hampstead, Bachelor of Arts in History.
• University of Rhode Island, Kingston, May 19 and 20, 2012 – Hampstead residents Brittany Durant, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, magna cum laude, and Laurel Handel, Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies.
• Vermont Technical College, Randolph, Vt. – Benjamin Offord of Hampstead graduated May 5, 2012 with an Associate of Applied Science, Automotive Technology degree.
• Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Mass., May 12, 2012 – Alison Courture, Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering with Distinction, and Haley Gustafson, Bachelor of Science in Biology and Biotechnology with Distinction, both of Hampstead; and Derrick Barth, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, and Jonathan Leith, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with High Distinction, both of Sandown.
Special honors and achievements:
Daniel Ciccarello of Chester presented on “Inside a Choral Rehearsal/Commissioning a Choral Work: How New Music Comes to Life” at Keene State College’s 12th annual Academic Excellence Conference on March 31, 2012. This student professional conference is designed to showcase the academic work of Keene State students and the collaborative work between students and faculty; 162 students presented 192 oral and poster projects, exhibits, panel discussions, and workshops this year.
Daniel Gannon of Sandown, who is majoring in Political Science and Theatre & Dance at Keene State College, Keene was named to Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges. He was selected on the basis of grade point average, campus and/or community leadership and service, and achievement or recognition in area of study. Students chosen must be a junior or senior and are nominated by the faculty, staff, and student body of Keene State College.
Emily Scotti of Hampstead, a senior nursing major at Saint Anselm College, Manchester received a Saint Anselm College nurse’s pin at the 2012 pinning ceremony on April 28, 2012. The pinning ceremony is a celebration of a student’s completion of Saint Anselm College’s nursing program and symbolizes preparedness to serve as a compassionate caregiver in the healthcare setting. Scotti will receive a Bachelor of Science in Nursing on May 19, 2012 at Saint Anselm College’s commencement ceremonies.
Joshua Tubbs of Sandown, a junior at Champlain College, Burlington, Vt., received the Rising Undergraduate Award from the Division of Education and Human Studies at the annual awards dinner. Tubbs is majoring in Early Childhood and Elementary Education. He and fellow students were recognized for their outstanding efforts within their field of study this past academic year.
Loren Appolonia of Hampstead received the K.B. Rao Memorial Scholarship at the annual Gerald R. Robinson Academic Honors and Foundation Awards Convocation April 15, 2012 at Lock Haven University, Lock Haven, Penn.
Lori Child of Chester was inducted April 12, 2012 into the Phi Theta Kappa honor society, chapter Alpha Pi Rho, at Manchester Community College. To qualify for membership, a student must have a grade point average of at least 3.5 and exemplify the hallmarks of scholarship, leadership, service and fellowship.
Nicole Riccio of Sandown was honored as a Merrimack College Presidential Scholar in recognition of strong academic achievements at the Honors Convocation on the campus. To be named a Presidential Scholar, a senior-year student must have achieved a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher, based on a 4.0 grading system. Riccio is a Human Development major at the North Andover, Mass., college.
Spring semester 2012 Dean’s List:
• Alfred University, Alfred, N.Y. – Amelia Keyes of Chester, a senior majoring in Chemistry.
• Assumption College, Worcester, Mass. – Erin Riley of Hampstead, class of 2015.
• Bryant University, Smithfield, R.I. – Angela Ellsey of East Hampstead, a sophomore in Marketing, and Stephen Panetta of Hampstead, a sophomore in Accounting.
• Champlain College, Burlington, Vt. – Joshua Tubbs of Sandown, an Early Childhood/Elementary Education major.
• Clemson University, Clemson, S.C. – Anna Jones of Hampstead, majoring in Political Science.
• Colby-Sawyer College, New London – Hampstead residents Kaitlyn Arsenault, Class of 2014, Graphic Design major, and Danica Whitehouse, Class of 2013, Nursing major; Allison Hesketh of Chester, Class of 2013, Psychology major; and Rebecca Perley of Sandown, Class of 2015, Biology major.
• Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne – Lauren Kelly of Sandown, who is majoring in Astronomy & Astrophysics.
• Ithaca College, Ithaca, N.Y. – Matthew Calabrese, a Clinical Health Studies major in the class of 2012, and Rory Fawcett, a Clinical Health Studies major in the class of 2014, both of Chester; Kelly Morgan of East Hampstead, an Art History major in the class of 2014; and Emily McCune, an Outdoor Adventure Leadership major in the class of 2013, and Laurel Salladay, a Clinical Health Studies major in the class of 2013, both of Hampstead.
• Keene State College, Keene – Samantha Benson, Nicole Curry, and Hannah Doolittle, all of Hampstead; and Sandown residents Ryan Daly, Daniel Gannon and Christine Hassard.
• Lock Haven University, Lock Haven, Penn. – Loren E. Appolonia of Hampstead, a junior majoring in Secondary Education -English/Special Education.
• Merrimack College, North Andover, Mass. – Mariel Valliere, a junior majoring in Business Administration, and Hannah Hagen, a junior majoring in Psychology, both of Hampstead; and Stephanie Glazier of Sandown, a senior majoring in Psychology.
• Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Conn. – Elizabeth DeLuca and Kira Riley, both of Hampstead, Justin Maryea of Chester, and Taylor Trahan of Sandown.
• Roger Williams University, Bristol, R.I. – Hampstead residents Justin Demers, Management major, Chelsea Escher, Communications major, and Kelsey Emry, Theater major.
• Saint Anselm College, Manchester – Kayla Bertolami of Chester, a Computer Science major, class of 2015; Sandown residents Victoria Hastings, a Nursing major, class of 2014; Kayla Hatch, a Nursing major, class of 2013; and Tawna O’Rourke, a Biochemistry major, class of 2012; and Hampstead residents William Johnston, a Business major, class of 2015, and Emily Scotti, a Nursing major, class of 2012.
• State University of New York at New Paltz – Sabrina Kowaleski of Chester, majoring in English.
• Stonehill College, Easton, Mass. – Elise Chappell of Chester, Class of 2014.
• University of Connecticut, Storrs – Kelsey Richardson of Chester and Daniel Dustin of Hampstead.
• University of Hartford, West Hartford, Conn. – Conor Knox of Hampstead and Michelle Stockman of Sandown.
• University of Massachusetts Dartmouth – Brian MacHarrie of Sandown, majoring in Graphic Design/Letterform.
• University of Rhode Island, Kingston – Brittany Durant and Renee McCloskey, both of Hampstead.
• University of Vermont, Burlington – Alexandra Bacheller of Chester, a senior majoring in Middle Level Education.