Town Administrator Investigation Goes to County Attorney’s Office

The New Hampshire State Police’s three-week-long investigation into allegations against Town Administrator John Anderson has concluded. Acting Town Administrator Larry Budreau said he had spoken with the State Police on Friday afternoon regarding the status of the investigation, and was informed that the results had been sent to the Rockingham County Attorney’s office for review.

“It doesn’t tell us what the end game will be, but there’s progress in the process,” Budreau said.
Anderson, 50, was placed on paid administrative leave July 12 after an alleged incident at his home on Lane Road. In an emergency meeting that day, the Town Council appointed Budreau acting town administrator.
An item on the Aug. 6 Town Council agenda referred to “appointment of acting town administrator.” Reached on Monday, Budreau said the action was not related to the Council’s action on July 12. Budreau explained that he was going on vacation at the end of August.

“It was a move on my part,” he said, “to provide service while I’m on vacation at the end of the month.”
Budreau said he planned to ask the Council to appoint Public Works Director Michael Fowler as Acting Town Administrator for the vacation, a period of 10 days. “It may be moot,” Budreau said. “But if I’m not here and Mr. Anderson is not here, we’ll be covered.”

The council met after the Nutfield News press deadline. County Attorney Jim Reams said Tuesday that his office received all the documents Friday and is currently entering them into the system. He said prosecutors will then review the information, and he expects a decision in a week or so.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.